If you are like most businesses, keeping track of your helpdesk and customer support takes up 99% of your time. This leaves you with very little time. Managing recurring tickets and other tasks can be frustrating, especially for those customers who require you to perform recurring tasks such as, cleaning up their email server database on every Monday and Wednesday at 7:00 am. The task may be forgotten and in turn this could lead to an unhappy customer experience.
With Trakdesk Ticket Scheduler, you can completely automate this process by creating a series of recurring tasks. These tasks will then be automatically executed on the time and days you have specified.
Creating a new task
- Login to your helpdesk as an administrator.
- Go to the Admin Page.
- Select the Scheduler option.
- At the Top Right of the page, click on the drop down menu and select Add Task.
- Once the Add Task page has opened, enter a name and configure the task to meet your needs. Additionally, you can build dynamic ticket forms and insert them into your tickets. Example: Here we are creating a task on a weekly basis with Lisa as the requester, on every Monday and Wednesday at 7:00AM until 7/01/2016.
- Finally, click on the Submit button to create the task. Note: If you are assigning the ticket to a specific agent or group, your helpdesk will not send out automatic notifications to the agent or group of agents. To send notifications, create an automation rule (Event Trigger) to notify the agent or group of agents.
Event Trigger configuration
Create an Event Trigger with these configurations to send out a notification to the assigned agent:
- Event: Ticket is created
- Event Performed by: Anyone
- Condition: Ticket created by :: Is :: Task Scheduler
- Action: Send email to agent