Completely automate your helpdesk to work for you with Trakdesk time-based automation. Time-based automation perform actions on tickets that match specific criteria set by you.
Automation periodically checks tickets and can performs actions such as; sending reminders to customers for pending tickets, automatically closing old tickets, assign tickets to agents in your team and many more.
There are two things you must understand before setting up an automation rule:
- Conditions - The criteria a ticket must meet before the rule can be executed. Example: If the ticket status is Pending and Hours since last updated is 168 (1 Week) and is assigned to the Helpdesk Team
- Actions - The actions you want to execute. Then, close the ticket and send a notification the requester letting him know that the ticket has been marked as closed.
Creating an automation rule
- Login to your helpdesk as an administrator.
- Go to the Admin Page.
- Select the Automations option.
- At the Top Right of the page, click on the drop down menu and select Add Automation.
- On the add automation page, enter a name and description for the rule and configure it with your preferences.
- Finally, click on the Submit button to add the automation rule. Note: Time-based automation are executed on a first match, first execute bases, so the order of the rule is important.