Split a message into a new support ticketLast updated
Sometimes you may find yourself in a situation where a customer replied to an existing ticket, whether it's open or closed to report a new uprising issue. Do you create a new ticket all over again? Well, that could take lots of time especially if you have to fill in 10 different custom fields with data or even if the message contains multiple attachments.
With Trakdesk, you can easily split the message into a new support ticket within seconds.
Splitting a ticket will perform the following:
- Assign the sender of the message as the new ticket requester.
- Populate the ticket properties with data from the previous ticket such as type, priority, tags, group, brand and custom fields.
- Send "New ticket created" notification to the ticket requester.
- Execute automation.
Splitting a message into a new support ticket
- Login to your helpdesk as an agent.
- Click on the Tickets option in the navigation menu.
- Select the ticket that contains the message that you want to convert.
- Hover the message and select the Split ticket option.
- That is all, the new ticket will be created in your helpdesk.
Note: The new ticket created email notification will be sent out to the requester if the template is not disabled.