Working with multiple brands and productsLast updated
Your customer support portal is the customer facing identity of your company, and as such, we at Trakdesk have made it a lot easier and convenient for you to manage all of your brands or products under one helpdesk account.
With Trakdesk Multi-Brand support, you can create a customer support portal for each of your brands or products. Each portal can be completely customized with its own URL, logo, colors, theme and assets. Additionally, you can create separate support email addresses, announcements and knowledgebase containers and articles for each portal, allowing you to tailor your support level for each of your brands or products.
Creating a new brand
- Login to your helpdesk as an administrator.
- Go to the Admin Page.
- Select the Portals option.
- At the Top Right of the page, click on the drop down menu and select Add Portal.
- On the add portal page, enter a name, description and domain for your brand. You will also need to select a theme for your customer support portal and setup a default language.
Customize separate themes for each of your customer support portal
Setting up multi-language support for your helpdesk
- Now, you will need to setup a default email account for your brand. This will be used to convert emails into support tickets. Setting up and configuring your support email accounts
To setup, enter your support email address, example (email@example.com) and an alias for your Trakdesk elastic email account (Forward To), example (support) for firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additionally, you can assign a default agent group and enable Email Forwarding to use your support email address to send and receive emails from your helpdesk.Note: Enabling the Email Forwarding option will require you to setup proper email forwarding on your email server. Setting up email forwardingNote: Once the new brand has been added, an email account verification email will be sent to your Support Email address. You will need to click on the link in the email to complete the email account verification process.
- Finally, upload a logo and favicon for your brand. You can also design your helpdesk and customer support portal with your own colors and font. Logo: We recommend a size of ( 180px Width * 40px Height )
Favicon: Standard ( 16px Width * 16px Height )
- Once you are finished customizing, click on the Submit button to add the brand. Your new brand and portal has been setup and can be accessed via the portal domain you entered earlier.
Note: You must create the proper CNAME DNS record for your portal domain and point it to your Trakdesk domain, example (acme.trakdesk.com) before the new brand can be created. Your system administrator knows how to do this.