With Trakdesk Google Drive integration, you can attach files to tickets and knowledge base articles directly from your Google Drive account in just one click.
Setting up Google Drive app
- Login to your helpdesk as an administrator.
- Go to the Admin Page.
- Select the Integrations option.
- Click on the Marketplace button, there you will find all apps that are current available to you.
- Hover the Google Drive app and click on the view option.
- Once the popup modal has opened. Review the app information and click on the Install App button to install the app.
- After the app has been successfully installed, you will be redirected to the configuration page.
- If you do not have a Google Drive API key, you can get one from the Google's Developers Console
- Enter your Google Drive API Key - Key is listed under the "Key for browser apps" in the Google Developers Console.
- Enter your Client ID - This is the first portion of your OAuth2 client ID.
Note: Do not enter the ".apps.googleusercontent.com" part.
- Finally, click on the Save changes button.
Testing the integration
There are a few places from where you can test the app integration. For demonstration purposes, we will be testing the app from the New ticket create page.
- Go to the New ticket create page.
- Click on the Attach a file option at that bottom of the page.
- Select the From Google Drive option.
- After the Google Drive popup modal has opened, select the file that you would like to attach to the ticket.
- The file will be appended to the list of attachments and will be uploaded when creating the ticket. You can remove the file by click on the X option.